This has been a harder week for me. We’re anticipating Martell’s adoption party, so of course that means I’m going to purge the whole house, and clean things I didn’t know were dirty, and prepare for the decorations, the food, the guests, etc. I may take on more than I can chew when preparing for things like this. Maybe one day I’ll learn. I love having parties and I hate it equally. I get a little stressed when I think about everyone coming into our small house and feeling crammed or uncomfortable. It’s been a difficult parenting week as well—the little man is two, what else is there to say? Needless to say, creating this list was refreshing to my soul.
If you’re having a hard start to your day, or a difficult week, share a few loves—it could start to help you put one positive foot in front of the other.
- I love the sunrise. I rarely experience them fully, but when I do, it feels like I get the best of the day—the newest, freshest part.
- I love my neighborhood. It’s a mixed group—racially, economically, age, life phase, etc. Some lawns are cared for meticulously, others take a more “haphazard” approach. I love that my neighborhood gives us the freedom to be who we are.
- As I type this, storm clouds are rolling in, and they remind me of how much I love the smell of rain.
- I love living in the Midwest where we get to experience the changing of seasons. I absolutely love when we’re in the midst of a seasonal change—every single one of them.
- I love when I put just the perfect amount of cream and sugar into my coffee.
- I love purging. I’m certainly not a minimalist, although I admire people who are. I keep things I think I may need in the future, so it always feels like we have a pretty decent amount of stuff. Blessed is she who is prepared?
- I love my husband. He is so different from me in his way of life—slower, more relaxed, kinder to himself. He teaches me to take deep breaths and leave the dishes in the sink every once in a while.
- I love getting a fresh batch of library books to read to Martell. I love when he climbs excitedly into my lap to hear a new story.
- I love when my kids first wake up from a good sleep—their groggy, cuddly selves make me want to hold them forever.
- I love my Birkenstocks. I have bad feet, and they make me feel like I can do anything for as long as I want.
- Sunny days are great because of the natural light that comes streaming in the windows.
- I love when other people are last-minute planners, and we can make our last minute plans match up.
- There’s nothing like a fresh, ripe, juicy peach this time of year. Mouth watering.
Happy Thursday, y’all! Tomorrow is Friday! You’ve got this.