Thirteen Things Week 2
Today is week two of sharing thirteen things I love. I hope that this week I get to read more favorite things in the comments—silly and serious. I really enjoyed that! Expressing gratitude grows gratitude, and I need to continue to grow in this area.
Here we go:
- I love birds. I’m not quite sure why.
- I love when I come home with the groceries because I know it’ll be at least 10 days until I have to force myself to go again. (See how I found good in the thing I hate?)
- I love having friends over for dinner and a nice glass of wine.
- I love going for walks in the evenings, especially if we have a goal of making it all the way out to the frozen yogurt place that I love.
- I love fruity frozen yogurt when we get there—particularly the pomegranate and a little bit of original tart topped with kiwi and coconut flakes. The kiwi gets kind of frozen so when you bite into it, it tastes like a slushy.
- I love the smell of laundry fresh from the dryer.
- I love when I can wake up in the morning without an alarm or a baby crying and just enjoy some time to myself—typically holding a cup of coffee.
- I love days that are hot, but without a lick of humidity.
- I love seeing deer close up when we go for walks in forest preserves. They seem so peaceful.
- I love harvesting our garden. It feels like something come full circle—started and finished well.
- I love flossing. I need to remember that so I do it more often.
- I love starting the day off with exercise as well—remind me of that so I do it more often as well.
- I love watching our son Martell run because he has one foot pigeon toed, and he pumps his little arms across his whole body. It’s really inefficient, but so stinkin’ cute.
You’re up. I can’t wait!