For the first six months of having this website, I’ve decided it could be fun to challenge myself in thankfulness, and share thirteen things I love every Thursday. (Side note: my husband was making fun of me because I chose the number thirteen, but I’m an elementary teacher at heart, and I love myself a good alliteration. Th-ursday’s Th-irteen Th-ings. Ahhhh, the sweet, sweet sound.) This is also a quick and easy way for us to get to know one another. You’re free to share your favorite things as well! I’ll do my best to stay original, and not agree with/steal your ideas as we continue, and I hope you follow along!
Some will be shallow, little things, some will be more serious and thought-provoking. Bear with me. Here are my first thirteen in no particular order.
- I love waking in the morning to the sound of the birds chirping out the open window.
- I love grapefruit La Croix, through and through.
- I love being away for a weekend or vacation and remembering that home has a smell all of its own when I walk through the door.
- I love discovering a new song I love that’s worthy of being on repeat for a while.
- I love love when my yard surprises me by blooming with crazy beautiful flowers! (Can you believe that sweet little bouquet in the picture is from my yard? Swoon.)
- I love when I come home with the groceries because I know it’ll be at least 10 days until I have to force myself to go again.
- I love driving with the windows down and a good song playing while I hold the hand of my love.
- I love playing Bananagrams.
- I love being able to see the stars—they always seem like tiny holes of light being let into a big black canvas covering the earth.
- I love chocolate chip cookie dough. I could eat it for all three meals if I knew it wouldn’t make me vomit.
- I love when people do or say things that are surprising. It helps me to realize that there’s more about them I don’t know.
- I love hosting people—especially the people that have helped make me who I am.
- I love using a water bottle with a straw. It makes me drink more water.
Okay, now it’s your turn—what are some of the things that bring you joy? Respond in the comments! Ohhhhh, I just can’t wait to revel in thankfulness with you!